How to Split Payments Between Two Credit Cards
NOTE: Your organization must have electronic payment processing and enabled the option to split payments for you to do this.
- In the side menu click My Account > Account Info.
- Click the Payment Setup tab.
- If you only have one credit card on file, click Add New Card and follow the prompts.
- By the secondary card, click the Split all payments with this card radio button.
- Enter what percentage of fees you want this card to pay, such as 40. This means the primary card will pay 60% of fees.
- Check the I understand that if a split payment fails the entire balance will be charged to the Primary Card box.
- When finished, click Save Payment Setup.
This split applies automatically to recurring monthly payments, and is an option for on-demand payments, class registration, and competitive registration.
Important Note: If the primary form of payment fails when initiating the charge, the system will cancel the entire transaction. As the checkbox indicates, if the primary card succeeds but the secondary card fails, the system will charge the remainder of the charge to the primary card. In other words, the primary card will be charged 100% of the fee if the secondary fails.