Split Deposits - two bank accounts for deposits
You need to be a Financial Admin with Full Access to do this.
When a club needs to have two separate bank accounts for the various fees charged and payments made, GoMotion offers “split deposits” for this. This allows you to associate all chart of accounts with one of two bank accounts. Credit card payments will automatically get deposited into the proper banks (so it will potentially charge the same card twice--once for charges associated with one bank, and again for different charges associated with a second bank). For those who pay by check you can specify to which bank account a payment goes. This greatly reduces hassle because once you define to which bank account certain funds go, it simply happens automatically for auto payments.
To use split deposits, you will need to set up two payment gateway merchant accounts with us for credit card and ACH processing. Please contact Support (click Need Help? on the right of your site, then Submit a Ticket) to get this set up. They will direct you to the SE Payments Setup page.
- As you fill out the info on the first page, make sure to set the last question, Does your team use two bank accounts (split deposits)?, to Yes.
- You will next enter your primary bank account info.
- It will then take you through the flow again to enter your secondary bank account info.
Once you are approved, you must first designate which chart of accounts connect to which bank account.
- In the side menu click Business Tools > Billing Setup.
- Click CoA Setup tab.
- Click Add New to add a new account (note existing CoAs cannot be changed to a different bank account).
- Fill in the data
- Chart of Account: the name you want (for QuickBooks it must match EXACTLY the QB CoA name)
- Bank: choose Default Bank Account or Secondary Bank Account
- Charge Type: always choose Normal Charge/Discount
- Click Save Changes.
NOTE: When making a payment that will end up going to both bank accounts, if an account has elected to split payments between two credit cards, then there will be four charges: two charges on the first card for the primary and secondary bank, and two charges on the second card for each bank as well.
When you enter a payment on demand, you can designate to which bank account it goes.
- In the side menu click Business Tools > Invoices & Payments.
- Search for the desired account(s).
- Check the box(es) next to desired account(s).
- Click New > New Comp Payment Charge.
- Fill in the data.
- For Deposit to click drop down and select Default Bank or Secondary Bank.
- Click Save New Payment.
Here are other places it’s used.
- Inc & Pay Sum, Inc Trans Rpt, Inv Rpt, and Payment Sum reports all allow you to choose for which bank to show amounts and totals.
- CoA Sum report shows figures for both banks.
- For registrations, in the first Fees Setup screen under Accepted Payment Method(s), choose a chart of accounts for each bank to use.
- For Fundraising, when you set up an event, the Accounting section allows you to choose which CoA to use for donations and processing fees.
- Classes will simply use whatever bank account is attached to the CoAs you choose.
CoA Sum -- Chart of Accounts report
Registration: Connect outstanding balances/credits, split deposits